Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday, June 9, 2014

MY TOP 5 RESTAURANTS IN REYKJAVÍK, ICELAND

I´m a very picky eater so it´s quite hard for me to find places where I can actually eat. (I´m driving my friends and family crazy,haha) I´m really not into fancy restaurants either, they make me feel very uncomfortable. I don´t know why, but this is the way it is. 
My boyfriend (Daniel) and my brother (Csaba) are working as chefs in Reykjavík, so they are recommending me very good meals according to my taste :) When I was scrolling down on my phone for food photos, it made me  realised how many restaurant I´ve actually tried during the last couple of month. Here are some pictures about my favourite meals and restaurants. Enjoy! 

1. SUSHI SAMBA - I would say it´s a MUST for sushi lovers! The best sushi you can get in Reykjavík in my opinion. The restaurant is located downtown. I went 3 times already in a very short period of time :) 

"Aspas Tempura" sushi roll - Sushi Samba


2. VITABAR - Another MUST! They have the best burgers in town. No joke. Vitabar is located just 3 minutes walk from Laugavegur,the main shopping street. ps. Their steak is delicious too! 

"Óstborgaratilboð" - Vitabar



3. SNAPS BISTRO-BAR - One of the best restaurants in Reykjavík. I´m addicted to their fish of the day and pancakes but let the pictures talk... :) 


'Snaps Ricotta'  (vegetarian) - Snaps



'Catch of the day' (hlýri)

'Pancakes & Coffee Latte' - Snaps



'Steak bernaise' - Snaps

4. PRIKIРis more like a bar than a restaurant but you can find some good meals there and the prices are ridiculously low compared to the average price at the city center. 

'MR bagel, sweet fries and a five dollar milkshake' - Prikið




5. THE LAUNDROMAT CAFE - I´ve used to go there a lot but the prices went up quite a bit lately. The atmosphere is still unique and the food is good! I love their smoothies :)  

'Pancakes and a smoothie' - The Laundromat Coffee 


Of course I could go on with my list, but these are my top 5! I´m also gonna do a list soon about my favourite cofee places! Stay tuned! :) 

Until next time,

Eva 


No comments: